Sunday, May 12, 2013

Choose an Attorney Based on Personality? Yes!

If those in need of the services of an attorney knew how much the personality and conflict-resolution skill of an attorney play into the outcome and expense of the client's case, the practice and business of law would be completely different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-baer/the-personality-and-philo_b_3246689.html?utm_hp_ref=divorce&ir=Divorce

This is a very insightful article by Mark Baer.  And, I'd advise every person searching for a lawyer to read it. 

I strive to create and nourish healthy relationships with other attorneys.  Why?  Because great relationships with other attorney's help keep me sane and undoubtedly serve the best interests of my client.  I am not hired to perpetuate ongoing personal conflicts with other attorneys.  I am hired to pursue the goals of my clients as quickly and efficiently as possible.  That's only possible if I and the other attorney understand our roles and respect one another's obligations and responsibilities.  It isn't always possible, but, when it is, it makes a world of difference.

1 comment: