Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome. Call of the Blog.

Law is amorphous. Ephemeral. Ambiguous. Despite volumes of dusty books filled with statutes and my incessant craving for objectivity and finality, I am forced to admit this ever-clear and ubiquitous truth. Yet this is why law captivates me. The search for the answer; the idealistic neutrality; the unrelenting quest for justice. This is the law of James Madison and John Locke. A theoretical and even existential understanding of law as a creation of community, a social tool, designed and applied to ensure order, fairness, equity, justice.

The province of this blog will be the law as amorphous entity but practical necessity. This sphere of thought will engage controversial legal issues, divisive judicial decisions, and real-world law. The tone will drift back-and-forth between abstract, theoretical legaleze and a reality-show-esque quality. I hope you'll join. And converse.

Southern Justice seems to fit the persona of my firm - I'm Southern, and I strive daily for justice. And, I'm passionate about both. Nonetheless, rarely will I "tip my hand" and venture into the arena of social commentary. This is, after all, an off-shoot of my law practice. But, I welcome and encourage your controversial and opinionated thoughts. My best.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be following this blog. I look forward to some hard hitting conversations and debate. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete